Hello loves. So today I am going to show you guys my new hair! If you know me you know that I always say “I wanna go lighter, I wanna go lighter”. Well I almost did. I made the hair appointment and decided like an hour later that I didn’t want to drop $200 on my hair so I cancelled it. I ended up going to Sally’s and picking out a hair color (don’t worry it wasn’t box dye) and all that and then just had my friend so it. I did want something different so I decided to go the opposite direction and dyed my hair DARKER! And let me tell you, I love it, I feel more like myself I guess. I don’t know what it is, maybe it makes me look older or something but I always get bored with my hair and I’m happy I decided to go the color I did. I actually tried to dye my hair a light brown a few weeks ago and it just didn’t turn out how I wanted it to. It was just very red and crazy warm undertones and I just didn’t think it looked good. I have a picture of what my hair looked like before I dyed it dark just a selfie from snapchat that I had saved.
ANDDDDDD this is the after picture!
I love how it turned out and let me tell you it’ll be so nice when I need a touch up and I just have to run to Sally Beauty Supply and grab the same color and pay $20 rather than adding another zero onto that making it $200 at a regular salon. Shouts out to my bff for being my personal hair stylist this summer (you know who you are).
Thanks so much for reading guys! As always, your love and support means more than you’ll ever know! Stay tuned for next time♥
Hello my lovely people! So I figure since I am a super nosy person, you guys might be too so I just wanted to get on here and just update you on my summer and just what I’ve been up to.
Soooo let’s see, I don’t know where to start…… I guess with school! Just to skip to the point, yes, I will be going back to ASU. I know some people go away for school for a year and then realize they don’t like it and come home (which there is nothing wrong with that) but I love ASU and I plan to stay there for the rest of my years until I graduate. I actually am living in my sorority house this coming up school year and I am pretty stoked about it. It’s brand new and I’m not even sure if it’s done being built yet but I guess I’ll find out real soon. My roommate is my bff Lucy and my lifelong bff since I was 5 (who I roomed with last year) is also living in her sorority house which thankfully for us are LITERALLY right next door to each other. But honestly I am so excited for the experience to live in. It’ll make me feel a lot closer with my chapter and make my position A LOT easier (I’m Vice President of Finance for DG).
I’ve always noticed with people older than me that when they came home for their summer after their freshman year, they just work a ton and let me tell you that is all I’ve been doing this summer is working. I don’t mind it though because I love where I work (I work at Lucky Brand) and the people I work with and I’m kinda sad I have to leave and go to a different lucky brand when school starts but my plan is to work holidays and things like that when I’m home. On my days off I usually hangout with my boyfriend or spend time with my friends or my family. I feel like I balance my time really well for the people in my life (at least I hope so). But honestly this summer has been a good one ( a very memorable one if I say so myself). It’s nice to be home and it’s nice to spend time with people that I can’t that much when I’m at school. Whoever decided that there should be a summer break in the school system deserves an award.
I’m gonna be honest I haven’t been able to post on here as much as I would have liked this summer. But honestly I’m kinda just in a rut for ideas of what I want to put up and being realistic about the time I have to create content or write (whichever one I decide to choose). Hopefully I’ll start to come up with things so I can get back to how much I was posting! Thanks for reading guys, it means so much to me the support and love I get from you all! Stay tuned for next time. ♥
HELLOOOO sunshines! Today’s post is a vlog from actually a long ass time ago when my friend from college came to visit me and my roomie. This Arizonian (Lucy, who came to visit) has never been to Northern California so we went to Lake Tahoe for a day and pretty much after that just chilled and showed her around where I live. I didn’t record alllll of what we did because sometimes I forgot but here is mostly how we spent the weekend while she was here! Watch it below!
Thanks for watching guys! I appreciate every single one of you♥
I AM FINALLY BACK!!!!! It has been waaaayyyyy too long since I’ve posted on my blog and I am so sorry for that! I was having some issues with my computer and the things I wanted to post were new videos for you guys that I’ve filmed these past few weeks.
So today I am posting a get ready with me. I actually filmed this like a month ago so it is definitely over due on here. But I still wanted to post it for you all because I used some new things like the Aspyn x Tarte palette (which I love by the way, I use it everyday). But the day I filmed this, I was getting ready for work and I also had a friends birthday party that night too so I put on a little extra makeup so it would last longer. I don’t wear this much makeup everyday so maybe I will film like a summer everyday makeup look for you all soon! Click the link and I hope you guys enjoy this GRWM!
Hello my lovely sunshines! So yesterday I bought the oh so popular Kristen Ess Rose Gold Temporary Tint Spray. I tried it out last night and wanted to test out if it would work on darker hair even though on the bottle it says for blondes or lightened hair. I do have some highlights in my hair and thought that counts right? First of all it smells soooo good so that’s a plus. To answer the question “Does it work on dark hair?” I think I’m gonna say kinda not really. If you’re a brunette and want to try it out for yourself, I highly recommend that you don’t go into it thinking it’ll be full on pink because it’s not. Even the bottle calls it a “tint” and I highly agree with that for brunettes. In the lighter areas of my hair like my ends, you can see a slight rose gold color in the sun. But anyways I still enjoyed this product very much and it’s a fun way to spice up your hair in the summer time and not have it be permanent!
To show the results, here is a little before and after,
This picture is when I first cut my hair back in April but I haven’t changed anything to the color so it’s still an accurate before picture. The only thing is that my hair has grown a little since then!
Here are a few after pictures in direct sunlight! Just a little tint!
Processed with VSCO with c2 preset
Processed with VSCO with c2 preset
Hello my lovely sunshines! You’re probably thinking wait it’s not Friday why in the heck is Mikayla posting today? Well you see, 1. I didn’t post this past Friday because I just didn’t have anything to post if I’m being honest & 2. I am soooooo busy with work so it’s very hard for me to like pre-film things so that’s also why I didn’t post last Friday. With that being said, this summer I will be posting simply whenever I feel like it. Some weeks maybe multiple times, others maybe not at all, it all just depends on my schedule! Also guys, I filmed a Get Ready With Me the other day and I edited the WHOLE thing and was getting ready to post it and then my computer freaked out on me and deleted it so I have to re edit and all that fun stuff but the only reason I am bringing this us is because do you guys even want to see a get ready with me? if you do just comment below that you do(: . OKAY ANYWAYS, obviously all this mumbo jumbo I just talked about is not the main focus of this blog post but I just wanted to give y’all an update. Okay now to the good stuff.
As you all know, I am in Delta Gamma at ASU and I know I know I’ve only been in a sorority for a year but I feel like I had a very well-rounded experience in DG this past year. So for all you lovely ladies thinking about joining a sorority this may or may not be helpful I don’t even know but I know if I wasn’t in a sorority I would want to know what I was getting myself into (that made it sound really bad but I swear it’s not. nothing but positivity is coming from this post).
First of all, going through the recruitment process is EXHAUSTING. At least here at ASU it is. I believe we have 13 sororities at our school now and in order to know or have any kind of idea what sorority you think you would fit in to, you have to talk to all 13. Recruitment at ASU is 2 weekends in a row and pretty much all you do is talk to people in the sorority for a specific amount of time and then you move on to the next one. For me, I talked to my big during recruitment and was really the main reason why I went DG. I remember telling my roommate and being like oh this girl Mekaila is really cool, if I ever went DG I would want her to be my big & look at that, SHE IS MY BIG. This leads into my next thing you need to know about being in a sorority. There is always a stereotype that being in a sorority is just paying to have friends. But it’s not like that at all. You’re paying to be apart of things like fundraisers and philanthropies and volunteering. You get to do fun things like date parties and formals. And through all this, you make friends. My bff and I literally became friends because we walked to a chapter meeting together and talked about trail mix and now we are going to be roommates next year. Another thing you should know about being in a sorority is that in my opinion, being involved is way better than not. I was told from the very beginning that you get what you put into it. Meaning that if you choose not to go to sisterhoods and date parties and things like that, then you’ll probably not have the greatest experience. I am so shy and being in a sorority and not knowing anyone you have to put yourself out there and be involved and meet new people. I went to almost everything and took the opportunities I could and I had the greatest first year in Delta Gamma. So here is the takeaway from this post,
- Recruitment is EXHAUSTING (for both the PNM (potential new member) and recruiters)
- You are NOT paying for you friends
- (I think this is the most important) BE INVOLVED!!!!!!!
By no means is everyone’s greek life experience the same. Individual chapters at different schools are even different. Like my roommate/bff is in Alpha Chi Omega and another one of my best friends is in Alpha Chi Omega at Sac State and seriously they are two different people. But I am going to tell you what every recruitment counselor will tell you, “Trust the process”. Throughout all of recruitment I thought I wanted to be in Alpha Chi Omega and it didn’t end up working out that way but I can’t imagine not being a Delta Gamma.
Thanks so much for reading guys! I am waiting on some things to come in the mail and then I am going to film another haul video so stay tuned for that! Love you all & thanks again for reading. ♥
PS. if you want to see more about DG at ASU look at our Instagram page! @asu_deltagamma
On this lovely Friday I’m coming at you guys with 10 facts about me! Some of these are really random but I tried to come up with things that weren’t completely boring soooooo let’s get started.
okay, fact #1
- As you all know, I am a student at ASU but you may not know that my major is Marketing and I have a minor in Fashion. Some of my favorite classes I’ve taken are my fashion classes. It’s so cool to me that my love for something so simple like clothes can become my career and I can learn more about and it and actually educate myself to be knowledgable in fashion. I could have my major be in fashion but all the classes I would have to take don’t interest me that much and the business aspect of fashion is a lot more interesting to me than fashion design and things like that. I always figure too if the fashion thing doesn’t workout for me I can do marketing with Southwest and work for them like my momma.
- Okay this one is kinda boring but if you don’t know me personally and you’re just a reader from some other part of the world, I am actually pretty tall for a girl lol. I am 5’9 everyone!!!!! Some may say that’s not even that tall but yes, yes it is tall, for a girl at least. Makes wearing heels kind of a struggle but oh well I like being tall (sometimes).
- So my full name is Mikayla Cameron Garcia. The fun fact about this one is that I am named after my great great grandmother and my great grandfather paid my mom $500 to name me Mikayla after his mom. And of course no one told my mom how to spell it so she spelled how she liked which is how I have it now but I guess I was supposed to be spelled “Michaela”. Let me just say here and now that I like my way better but let’s just keep that between us.
- As for my family, I’ve talked on here before about how my parents are divorced. They have been since I was like 3 or 4 or something like that. But both remarried and my mom never had anymore kids so I’m technically an only child on my moms side but my dad remarried and had another baby which is my little sister, she is 7 years younger than me and then his marriage with this lady didn’t end up working out but a few years ago, my dad started dating who I call my step mom cause it’s just easier and they had a baby a little over a year ago. My dad finally got his son and now I have THE CUTEST little brother and we are 17 years apart.
- There is a certain food that I could literally eat every meal of the day and even sometimes order them at restaurants even though I can make them for so much cheaper at home. Guys, my favorite food is a quesadilla. Love em so much.
- This is another thing I have mentioned a couple times on here is that I have a boyfriend. We have been together for almost 3 years now but we’ve known each other since the 7th grade. If you talk to anyone we went to high school with they’d probably tell you we’ve been dating off and on for like 5 or 6 years but that’s besides the point. He plays football at a college in Idaho and obviously you guys know I go to ASU so we have done long distance for our freshman year and I think it’s safe to say we kicked long distance ass for our first year.
- I HATE doing things by myself. I mean I still have my mom come o the doctors with me (my bff came with me when I went to the doctors at ASU). Not like I’m not capable of doing things on my own I just enjoy the company of others (:
- I love to travel. Since my mom works for an airline, it makes it very easy to go places in the US. I’ve been to New York 3 times, Washington DC, Hawaii 3 times, Florida, Oregon, Washington, Arizona (obviously), Rhode Island, Idaho (to visit my bf), and Nevada which isn’t that exciting. Out of the United States I have been to Germany twice, Austria, and Canada.
- My favorite color is white. I have so many white tops it’s crazy. But idk there is something very fresh and feminine about the color white.
- I feel like this last fact should be something really cool and exciting but I don’t have any cool facts to end with. I played soccer for 10 years and I cheered for about 5 years. Cheer is the way I decided to be involved in high school and I loved it when I was doing it but it’s not something I particularly miss. I do miss soccer though. It’s been awhile since I’ve even kicked a ball around so maybe I’ll do that sometime this summer I’ll get around to doing that.
I hope you guys enjoyed getting to know me a little bit better and reading these 10 facts about me! Thanks for reading and all the support! Stay tuned to next Friday’s post! ♥